Menstrual Cup LARGE
SAFE - EFFECTIVE - CONVENIENT - ECO-FRIENDLY - COMFORTABLE - AFFORDABLE - PRACTICAL - HYGIENIC
- Made with Medical Grade TPE.
- Hypoallergenic: does not cause skin irritation.
- Reusable and recyclable.
- Free of silicone, latex, BPA and phthalates.
- Ecological and economical.
Menstrual cup is a natural alternative to tampons and pads to collect the flow of your period.
For more information about GENIAL DAY menstrual cups click here>>
Rigorous Total Quality Management System based on 21 CFR 820 – QSR Quality System Regulation from US FDA (Food and Drug Administration) guarantees the highest quality of Genial Day menstrual cup. The factory is also ISO 9001: 2001 certified (quality managing system). Products have been tested as hypoallergenic ‘non-irritant’ by external labs.
Made in Spain in FDA approved and ISO 9001 certified facility
Medical grade TPE from Europe
Using a menstrual cup can be a little difficult at first, so be patient. You must practice a little how to insert and remove it, but once you improve your technique, it is very easy and comfortable.
Before using the cup for the first time, you must sterilize it: wash your hands, and then pour enough water in a saucepan to cover the cup; boil the water first, then dip the cup for 3-4 minutes. Do not leave the boiling pot unattended. Remove the cup and it will be ready to use. This process is recommended also at the end of each cycle to keep your cup perfectly clean.
HOW TO INSERT
Step 1: Wash your hands thoroughly and adopt a comfortable position. Some of the recommended positions are: squatting, sitting on the toilet or standing.
Step 2: Fold the cup (fig.1) you have two options to fold the cup:
A - Press both the sides of the cup to put them together and then fold the cup in half forming a 'U'.
B - Place a finger on the top edge of the cup and press inward to form a triangle.
Step 3: (fig. 2 and 3) While holding the cup folded with one hand, gently separate the labial lips with another hand and insert the cup into the vagina toward the tailbone until the stem is even with the vaginal opening and does not protrude. Do not push the tip of the stem further than 1.5cm into the vagina. The placement of the cup should be lower than the tampon. Once you have inserted the cup, let it loose, it will open and will perfectly suit your vaginal wall.
Step 4: (fig. 4) To verify that the cup has been placed correctly, turn it 360° degrees either direction by grabbing its base (above the stem). The cup must completely turn easily if well placed. You can also make sure the cup is completely open by inserting a finger into the vagina and gently pressing on one side of vaginal wall to create space for the cup to fully open. If the stem irritates the vaginal opening once it is positioned correctly, you may remove the cup and trim the stem slightly. Cutting the stem completely will make removal difficult.
HOW TO REMOVE IT
1. Wash your hands with soap and water.
2. Assume a comfortable position (standing, sitting on the toilet or squatting), introduce the index finger and thumb in the vagina in search of the stem or the bottom of the cup.
3. If you push with abdominal/pelvic muscles the extraction will be easier.
4. Gently pull the stem until you can firmly hold the base of the cup.
5. Squeeze the cup gently to release the seal. As you remove it, angle it sideways while moving it from side to side.
6. When you have pulled it out completely, hold the cup vertically so that the content remains within it. Then empty the content into the toilet.
7. Wash the cup with clean water, so that it is ready for the next use. Remember to thoroughly wash the suction holes. You can also use mild soap without perfume. If you do not have access to clean water you can also use toilet paper or wet wipe (unscented) to dry and then wash it with clean water later.
· The menstrual cup should be emptied at least every 12 hours. We recommend that it is emptied, washed and rinsed a minimum 2-4 times daily. Once you learn its best use and your flow you'll soon know how often it should be emptied. Wear a sanitary pad at the beginning to prevent leaks.
· At the end of your cycle, thoroughly wash, rinse and dry GENIAL DAY® cup completely. Remember to thoroughly wash the suction holes. Store it in the cotton bag provided.
· You can use the cup at night or during any sports, or while in the water.
· You don't need to remove the cup to urinate or for bowel movements.
· If you travel, use drinking water for washing.
If you feel any discomfort it may be that the cup is not positioned correctly. When the cup is well placed it does not bother you.
It may also be that the stem is too long; you can cut it a little until you find the most comfortable size for you. The important thing is not to damage the bottom of the cup. Generally, the stem must not protrude from the vagina.
· If you have trouble removing the cup, relax and stay calm. It is very common at the beginning to be difficult to remove it, but with practice, it will be much easier.
· Relax your muscles, especially vaginal muscles.
· Adopt a comfortable position, squatting or sitting on the toilet.
· Push with vaginal/pelvic muscles several times so that if the cup is too high in your vagina, it falls through it.
· Instead of using the stem, you can remove the cup by holding the base and making small movements from side to side as you roll gently out.
· You can also remove the cup by pressing its base with your index finger and thumb for air to enter.
· If you still unable to remove the cup, wait for 12 hours, and once it is full the gravity will naturally bring it down. In the rare case if you still cannot remove a cup after 12 hours, seek medical advice from a physician.
· If you have leaks once the cup is placed, probably the cup is not inserted correctly and does not pop open completely and seal against the walls of the vagina.
· Please review instructions. For a proper fit make sure that it is positioned horizontally and rotates easily.
· Leaks may also happen because the cup is placed too high. The cup should be placed at the entrance of the vagina, lower than a tampon, but the stem should not protrude. In most cases, once inserted a menstrual cup will migrate upwards and sit against the cervix.
· Check the cup size, perhaps you have not chosen the right size and you need a larger one.
· If none of these tips help, and you have tried a larger size, you may need some exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. Consult with your doctor.
· Use according to the instructions and during menstruation only.
· You must remove the cup prior to intercourse and remember that the menstrual cup is not a contraceptive method or it does not protect from sexually transmitted diseases.
· The menstrual cup is a product of intimate use so you should not share it.
· Clean the cup with unscented, mild soap and warm water. Do not use scented soap, oil based soap, castile soap, alcohol, antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, vinegar, tea tree oil, wet wipes, dish soap, hydrogen peroxide, bleach or any other harsh chemicals.
· To prevent the cup from getting the smell always rinse it with cool water first.
· To insert into the vagina use only water-based lubricants. Oil-based lubricants can damage the cup.
· Never keep the cup in a plastic bag or airtight containers.
· The menstrual cup is compatible with the IUD or diaphragm, but consult with your physician first.
· If you experience any adverse effects, discontinue use and consult with your physician.
· If you notice that the cup is damaged, you must replace it. Dispose in trash. NOTE: the cup may naturally, slightly discolor over time. This does not impair its functionality.
· Keep the menstrual cup out of the reach of children and animals.
How often to replace a menstrual cup
Inspect your cup regularly for signs of deterioration such as a sticky or powdery film, severe discoloration, odor and/or if you experience irritation. Since it is a personal hygiene product, a general guidance is to replace it once a year, but it is up to the user to decide when to replace the cup.
Menstrual cup is personal hygiene medical device and may not be returned or exchanged. All sales are final.