GENIAL DAY Menstrual cup
It’s a truly revolutionary product that women still need to discover…
"I absolutely love it! Super soft and easy to insert. Honestly, i think this is the softest menstrual cup i have ever tried, no pressure, no discomfort molded right in to my walls. Very easy to remove in comparison to other cups. ... It’s pink! No stains!" - @hypegirls
Discover the Benefits of a Genial Day cup
Reusable menstrual Genial Day cup reduces waste to zero. Unlike silicone, medical TPE is easily recyclable. It can be melted back down using heat and processed into other things.
Genial Day cup offers up to 12 hours of period protection – day or night! Just put it in when you wake up, empty it when it’s full and re-insert. No need for extra tampons and pads!
Flexible and smooth Genial Day cup can't be felt at all while worn. You literally forget you’re on your period, just don’t forget to empty your cup every 12 hours.
Go sunbathing, swimming or go naked and nobody will ever notice you’re having your period.
Tame your period!
TPE or Thermoplastic Elastomer
GENIAL DAY® menstrual cup is made of medical-grade TPE (Thermoplastic elastomers), sometimes referred to as thermoplastic rubbers. This elastomer is made in Europe following very strict guidelines imposed on medical devices.
Pharmacological and medical studies have determined that elastomers are non-toxic, hypoallergenic and won’t irritate your skin. This material is suitable for direct contact with blood and is widely used in the production of medical devices that have direct contact with the human body. It does not contain any phthalates, heavy metals, lead, PVC, latex and is soft, durable and tear resistant.
Rigorous Total Quality Management System based on 21 CFR 820 – QSR Quality System Regulation from US FDA (Food and Drug Administration) guarantees the highest quality of Genial Day menstrual cup. The factory is also ISO 9001: 2001 certified (quality managing system). Products have been tested as hypoallergenic ‘non-irritant’ by external labs.
- A menstrual cup is a much more economical way of taking care of your feminine hygiene needs during those days compared to tampons or pads since it can be reused and will last for years.
- Unlike a tampon, a menstrual cup is elastic and fits perfectly inside you to the point that you won’t feel that it’s there.
- If you enjoy staying active, Genial Day® menstrual cup and you are bound to become BFFs. Menstrual cups are super convenient when exercising as well as for a day on the beach. Unlike tampons, which need to be changed every time you get out of the water, your menstrual cup can stay in all day since water won’t get inside it.
- Also unlike a tampon, a menstrual cup doesn’t absorb natural vaginal discharge, hence, your vaginal flora will remain balanced and you won’t experience uncomfortable dryness, which is very common among women who use tampons.
- Choosing a menstrual cup over a tampon will drastically reduce your chances of ever getting Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) – a rare, but very dangerous, condition.
- An average tampon absorbs approximately one tablespoon of menstrual blood, whereas a menstrual cup (depending on its size) collects 3-4 tablespoons. As a result, you will have to make fewer trips to the bathroom.
- In addition, leaks are a lot less likely if you use a menstrual cup compared to pads and even tampons. Since a menstrual cup collects blood inside your vagina, chances of a leak are very slim. In fact, a menstrual cup, when inserted properly and emptied out in a timely manner, is 100% leak-proof.
- Usually, if a leak happens, it’s because a woman has chosen a wrong size cup or due to incorrect insertion. The only way you’ll spring a leak is if your menstrual cup has failed to open inside your vagina and is not fitted against your vaginal walls.
- Some women have reported shorter periods, lighter flow, and less abdominal discomfort when using menstrual cups (compared to tampons).
- The only downside of a menstrual cup is more complicated insertion compared to tampons or pads. However, once you practice insertion and removal for a few times, it shouldn’t be a problem.
- Unlike a tampon which has a string dangling outside your vagina, properly inserted menstrual cup is not visible, even if you were completely naked. However, just like a tampon, a menstrual cup must be removed during sex. It’s worth noting that gynecologists do not recommend engaging in vaginal sex during menstruation due to the higher risk of infections.
If you have a health condition where you need to observe your menstrual flow, it’s very easy to do so when you use a menstrual cup. Inner walls of a GENIAL DAY® menstrual cup has milliliter markers. He capacity of a medium size GENIAL DAY® cup is 25 ml, while large menstrual cup can collect up to 30 ml of blood.
A menstrual cup is great during travel, especially when you don’t have access to a bathroom or when a bathroom is not very comfortable (like in an airplane). All you need is a bottle of water, so you can rinse the cup and wash your hands in case you have no access to running water.
A menstrual cup is a true blessing during hot summer days: your skin will never get rashes and you won’t have to wear a pad. We do, however, recommend using GENIAL DAY® pantiliners (eco-certified and made of real cotton), at least until you get used to inserting your menstrual cup correctly.